MAJA PANATOVA THE MULTI-LINGUAL POETS FROM BULGARIA/BELGIUM.



Biography

Maja Panajotova was born in Lovech, Bulgaria. She started publishing poetry during her philology studies at the University of Sofia. After her marriage to the Belgian
Balkanologist Raymond Detrez, she left Bulgaria and taught Bulgarian language and literature at Ghent University and the Catholic University of Leuven. In 1983 appeared
her first poetry collection in Dutch, Verzwegen alibi (Concealed alibi), followed by Sofia blijft een mysterie (Sofia remains a mystery) in 1989 and Landschap
van een man (Male scenery) in 2016. In Bulgaria she published Da sprem otlitashtata ptica (To stop the flying bird) in 1983, Lice zad flamandska dantela
(Face behind Flemish lace) in 1991 and finally Snimka do rekata (Picture next to the river) in 2018. Maja Panajotova has also translated from and into Bulgarian and
Dutch.She also participated in various international literary meetings and performances.

POEMS BY MAJA PANATOVA IN BULGARIAN AND ENGLISH

Везни

Синът ми. Неговият татко ...
Баща ми. Майчиният гроб.
От влага плесенясал камък ...
От жега съхнещо ждрело.
Сергии с пъстри чудесии ...
Щастливи детски чудеса.
Препълнен свят със непознати ...
Страх по приятелски лица.
Сама със сънищата тука ...
Със спомените там сама.
Неразгадаеми миражи ...
навред издига любовта.
Не ще отключа тук вратите ...
Ключа от къщи не държа.

Не само гостенка в чужбина ...
но гостенка и у дома.
И моят беден дух бездомен
поддържа тежката везна.

  Balance

My son. His father…
My father. My mother’s grave.
Clammy, moss-grown stones …
A source dried up by the sun.
Motley toys on street-stalls…
Marvels making children happy.
A world full of strangers …
Fear on my best friends’ faces.
Alone with my dreams here …
Alone with my memories there.
Unfathomable images …
which love arouses everywhere.
Here I can’t unlock the doors …
Of my native house I have no key.
I am a guest abroad not only …
I am a guest also at home.

And my poor and homeless soul
carries this burdensome balance.

  Майка

Завръщам се отново у дома.
Изкачвам бавно стъпалата.
И вдушвам ... Искам аз отново
да предусетя тъничката струйка
на гозба, сготвена за мене.
Да звънна искам. И да чуя
как ти се втурваш към вратата,
как я отваряш и изгряват
пред мен очите на светица.
Да блесне златното ти зъбче,
когато весело извикваш:
- Дойде си, моето момиче!

Прекрасна моя, свидна моя майко!
Днес твоите очи кафяви
пръстта кафява е изтрила.
И паяжина от косите ти
заплел е паякът отвъден...

  Mother

Once again I ‘ve returned home.
Slowly do I climb the stairs
and take a deep breath… I want
to smell the tiny scent again
of the dish, prepared for me.
I want to ring the bell and experience
how you rush to the door,
you open it and in front of me
the eyes of a saint start shining.
Your little golden tooth
sparkles, when you cry out:
- You came home, my girl!

My wonderful, my beloved mother!
Your brown eyes now have
crumbled in the brown soil.
And afterlife’s spider span
your hair into a web.

  Дунав

Колко вода е изтекла от тук,
Когато някой е натиснал спусъка
И младият човек е паднал
Мъртъв в Дунава:
Бащата на бащата на баща ми.

Колко милиарди капки от реката
Е погълнало морето от момента,
Когато друг човек през друго време
Удавниците е спасил:
Бащата на баща ми.

Къде ли по света сега струи водата,
Която тук на снимката
Прегръща коленете на младежа,
Баща ми, на когото морето му е до колене...

Тогавашният Дунав е отминал,
Си мислех аз, стояща на брега,
А под сърцето ми потрепна
За пръв път като рибка
Неговото внуче.

А Дунавът бучи,пълзи,
Приижда,отминава,
Убива,ражда и боли
Но винаги остава

И само ние отминаваме

  Danube

How much water has flown past,
since someone pulled the trigger
and a young man fell dead
into the Danube:
the father of my father’s father.

How many billions of river water drops
has swallowed the sea since
another man, another time,
rescued drowning children:
My father’s father.

Where on the globe is now flowing the water
that on this picture here
embraces the knees of a youngster,
my father, who seems to say
"Come on in; the water's fine."

The Danube has flown and flown,
I thought, standing on its banks.
And under my heart fluttered,
for the first time, like a little fish,
his grandson.

The Danube rumbles, crawls,
swells, soaks and oozes,
it kills and gives birth,
but always remains.
We go by.

Comments

  1. Силни, силно вълнуващи стихотворения!! Поздравления!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POEMS OF BILJANA BILJANOVSKA IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH.

PROF DOMENICO PISANA TALKS MORE ABOUT POETRY

ANNABEL VILLAR THE POET AND CULTURAL ACTIVIST FROM BENIDORM, SPAIN