AHMAD ZAKARNEH THE PROMINENT BROADCASTER WHO WRITES POEMS FROM RAMALLAH, PALESTINE.



REPUBLISHED FROM ATUNIS GALAXY POETRY

DECADES ( Dekad) – AHMAD ZAKARNEH /
Translated into BAHASA MELAYU by Siti Ruqaiyah HASHIM
POSTED ON JUNE 27, 2019 BY AGRONSH

BIODATA OF AHMAD ZAKARNEH

Ahmad Zakarneh was born in Cairo in 1971. He lives in Ramallah and is a Palestinian writer and a poet, a journalist and a broadcaster with Palestine Radio and Television since 1997. He was an Editor in Chief with Palestinian newpaper Al Hadath. He published an anthology titled “What I do Not Know”. He had written numerous political and literary articles and participated many seminars and workshops in Palestine and abroad.

Poem by AHMAD ZAKARNEH

DECADES

I am a farewell wave,
I have fifty years and some memories and a lot of pain.
I carry on the back of my heart
The many disappointments days have brought to life
I have fifty shadows
One mirror is blurred by the death of the living.
In the first decade
I was innocent, innocent as the desert was of the
enstrangement .

In the second,
My shadow did not follow me, I opened calendar, and missed
the count

In the third,
I claimed that they crucified me as a Christ of their illusions.

The fourth,
They found me clinging to a cradle that held me when I was a
child, who became a young man,
who no longer knows how I looked.

In the fifth,
I carried the coffin, and started to mourn myself
“Now I have awoken”

DEKAD

Aku adalah ombak selamat tinggal, Aku punya lima puluh
tahun memori dan luka yang tidak sedikit
Ku bawa bersama di lipatan hati ku
Berbagai kekecewaan yang ditimbunkan dalam hidup ku

Aku punya lima puluh bebayang
Dengan sebuah cermin kabur oleh kematian dalam kehidupan
Di dekad pertama
Aku tak tahu apa-apa,
seperti padang pasir yang tidak tahu apa-apa ketika Nabi
membawa diri

Di dekad kedua
Bebayang ku tidak mengikut sama,
Ku buka kalendar, dan tersilap membilang hari

Di dekad ketiga
Aku mendakwa mereka telah menyalib ku seperti Nabi Isa
kerana ilusi mereka

Di dekad keempat
Mereka menjumpai diri ku bergayut di buaian tempat tidur ku
ketika kecil,
yang menjadi orang muda,
dan tak keruan lagi bagaimana rupa ku

Di dekad kelima
Aku mengusung keranda dan mula menangisi diri ku
“Sekarang aku telah sedar”.

Translated into BAHASA MELAYU by Siti Ruqaiyah HASHIM

FROM 2ND WORLD PEACE POEM ANTHOLOGY:
PEACE BE UPON YOU DAVOS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POEMS OF BILJANA BILJANOVSKA IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH.

PROF DOMENICO PISANA TALKS MORE ABOUT POETRY

ANNABEL VILLAR THE POET AND CULTURAL ACTIVIST FROM BENIDORM, SPAIN