POEMS OF ENSAR BUKARIC FROM BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA

 

Bukarić Ensar was born in Bugojno (1968). He lives and works in Gornji Vakuf - Uskoplje (Bosnia and Herzegovina). He is a graduate mechanical engineer. His works are published in   many magazines, represented in the collections and anthologies. His works have been published in Bosnia and Herzegovinia, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Russia, Uzbekistan, Albania, Kenia, Tajikistan and USA. "Poetizing the universe" is a collection of poetry that he published together with colleagues Vernesa Manov and Nijaz Rujanac in October 2018. He published an independent collection of poetry for children "Svaštarnica" in 2020. A collection of poetry "My World" is being prepared. Most of all, he writes short stories and poems, and some of them have been rewarded. Especially he likes to write for children

Soldiers

 

 

Under the blue vastness

in the stance "Steady"

they disappear,

people like us,

carved in, for the mosaic

of the gloomy history

of their ancestors,

trained

on their backs

for those who

celebrate the triumphs.

 

Under the flags

of favorite colors,

with eerie sounds

of ceremonial songs

they get lost

in the twilight mist.

 

In a strange cramp

they depart,

happy - to glory,

and others - to death,

to the land

of unfortunate,

to the the coast of foreign customs,

into desolation

through which their ghosts

will wander in vain,

and never

any peace for them

until the Sun and the Moon

cease to be.

 

 

 

 

The Sun in my eye

 

 

Into the pupil of my eye

the Sun crept in again.

It heard my soul is bitter,

and that the melodious song

had left my timid heart.

 

My Sun asked me then

why are you sad, friend?

What is it that the people fear?

And what is it that you wish

let your heart tell me?

 

My heart can't speak,

and my soul has no strength.

In my eye, a fire burns

a gunshot awaits, in my ear

that, Sun, is what bothers me!

 

Give me back my dead friend,

take me to my home

make the war plague disappear

let the branches break under fruit's weight

let the meadow blackbird sing.

 

Then they will call around you.

The heart will start to beat on its own.

Notes, in my ear, will grow,

and, be assured, my Sun

my soul will start to bloom!

 

Amorousness

 

 

When I'm in love,

then I am happy

both happy and sad.

When I see her,

summer starts for me

even when it is not summer.

And my days are long

even when they begin to shorten,

I sing and I fly,

and I don't know how to fly.

And when I see her,

the sun warms me,

even if snow

is already making me damp.

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POEMS OF BILJANA BILJANOVSKA IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH.

PROF DOMENICO PISANA TALKS MORE ABOUT POETRY

ANNABEL VILLAR THE POET AND CULTURAL ACTIVIST FROM BENIDORM, SPAIN