RAHIMA HALIMANOVIC, THE SONGSTRESS IS A PROLIFIC POET


BIODATA OF RAHIMA HALIMANOVIC


Rahima Halimanovic was born on May 6, 1958 in M.Gostalji Višegrad, where she graduated from elementary school. She came to Sarajevo in 1973 where she graduated from High
School and studied at the Faculty of Economics. So far, she has published seven collections of poetry and aphorisms and is currently preparing her 8th book.
Winner of many literary awards. She is a famous traditional song singer and a participant in many concerts. She lives in Sarajevo and is the mother of two children and
one grandson.


POEMS OF RAHIMA HALIMANOVIC


FURTHERMORE


For days now,you’re far away
the sorrows and rains came and went by.The open doors waiting for you to come,even than the spring.I want you here more.
The sadness hurts like an open wound,your hug would give me two new wings.If you could see what mu eyes dream,you would
see your soulmate in me.

I drink my coffe,like always,alone.
Watching with sorrow,if there’s anu path.I left one return ticket,
in the pocket of your old,warm coat.

Come back,like once just from nowhere,don’t say a thing and give me your hand.Then I will know if you love me still,if the peace to my soul,in the end you’II give.


TO BE EVIL OR OR TO BE GOOD


That is a teeter-totter with no end.One whirlwind is enough,
from our face to wash the hatred.
On one side extravagance,on the oter prdt and poverty.Selfishness destroys the world ,knocks down the ground of society.


Hey,good people,you wake up,
the powder smell spreads in the air.If the flame of hatred blazes,
no one will calm its fire waves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POEMS OF BILJANA BILJANOVSKA IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH.

PROF DOMENICO PISANA TALKS MORE ABOUT POETRY

ANNABEL VILLAR THE POET AND CULTURAL ACTIVIST FROM BENIDORM, SPAIN