POEMS FROM MARIA MIRAGLIA LATEST BOOK - FARFALLE COLORATE.




BIODATA Dr. Maria. A. Miraglia,


An educationist, a bilingual poet, a translator, an essayist in Italian and English, a ministerial lecturer for English language teachers, a peace activist for long, and an active member of Amnesty International and several other peace and literary organizations, is a recipient of several awards. She is a founding member and a Literary Director of several literary organizations and international editorial boards. Dr. Maria Miraglia has recently been elected to the European Academy of Science and Arts-Salzburg.


POEMS BY MARIA MIRAGLIA

LIFE

I feel you slipping away
when stars turn on
up there
the birds are silent
asleep the fields
and still is the sea
I think in the silence
I can hear its footsteps
and slow the fear
of the eternal night and
the unknown
takes up space
until sleep comes and
then the morning

It’s at dawn
with the first colors
of the new coming day
which rekindles the meaning of things that
I go back to feeling life again
with its perfumes
its flavors
the ancient rhythms of things

IT WAS DAWN

I decided to go at last
to get out from that house
which had been for so long mine
heavy and grim the atmosphere
divergences and aloofness
great like mountains
never a word of love
never a smile
but…silences
the only deliverance
from the everlasting oppression
to run quickly away
and the day came

It was dawn
the first day-lights peeping
from the horizon
and aimless
I closed behind me that door
only a lean cat in the avenue and
just some streetlights
still lightening the houses
inside me a faint hope
to hear a familiar voice
crying out my name

Not far the sea and its waves
rhythmically breaking
against the rocks
I found myself there
shivering with cold
yet could clearly hear
coming from the deep waters
a caressing voice
and I let me go to its inviting call

My heart stopped beating
my lungs breathing
but I could see
shortly after
some passersby
looking at my lifeless body and
from a distance hear
their voices whisper
a drowned man…a drowned man

INADEQUATE

You thought you had learned to accept it
the pain
even because you can't refuse it
that comes suddenly
when you least expect it
to devastate you inside
break all those mental structures
you have built over the time
to defend yourself

You can't see it but feel it
as blades tearing those threads
that like a spider's web
you have woven
and with difficulty
over time

you say I know life by now
you feel prepared
to go through new storms
that are there ready to surprise you again
to make you feel inadequate
to think you have to start over all over again
to understand
comprehend
accept

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POEMS OF BILJANA BILJANOVSKA IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH.

PROF DOMENICO PISANA TALKS MORE ABOUT POETRY

ANNABEL VILLAR THE POET AND CULTURAL ACTIVIST FROM BENIDORM, SPAIN