ENGLISH TRANSLATED POEMS FROM IVAN GRAHOVEC.



POEMS FROM IVAN GRAHOVEC
TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH BY LIDIJA HLEBEC

IF I WAS A POET

If I were a poet
, I would write a poem
With lips whispering
soft words,
entering them

on a dark wall
by the light of distant
night stars.

I would write
just two words
enchased them with diamonds
and together with pearls
made one necklace
To you,
and always
when you put it around your neck
you would see the light
feel the heat,
and in your heart you'd feel
my written words,
I love you.

I AM RICH

I'm lucky to have you.
aware that you are a pearl
which cannot be bought.

My life is rich,
Filled with love every day.

I know I'm lucky
For you loving me
and that I have the greatest treasure,
which has no price.

I'm lucky.

I am rich.

I have what no one has,
I have your love

A SPARK OF HOPE

Another day passes
the night is coming
darkness
I feel lost
disappointment
with a feeling of bitterness
I grit my teeth
I want to scream
expressing
my pain
I feel that my
life extinguishes in
lost smiles
and faded flower
lost love
still
in that suffering
which presses me
by its own weight
in the depth of my heart
I still feel
a glimmer of hope
a desire instilled at birth
to follow the bright trail
and don't lose hope
that one day we will
meet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POEMS OF BILJANA BILJANOVSKA IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH.

PROF DOMENICO PISANA TALKS MORE ABOUT POETRY

ANNABEL VILLAR THE POET AND CULTURAL ACTIVIST FROM BENIDORM, SPAIN